Monday, November 14, 2011

Occupy Wall Street

Ok, I get it.  1% of the population is insanely wealthy while the majority of us live paycheck to paycheck. 

It sucks. 

BUT.....

How is camping out in parks in New York or cities around the world helping anything?  I wish it was making a difference, but I just don't see how it possibly could be.  Do you think anyone going to their jobs each morning is going "well, we really should change the world because of those 90 crazies out here who refuse to go home." 


This sounds bad, because, I know change has to start somewhere.  I just don't understand how THIS is going to help. 

(From an article on msn) “I heard that some of the 99 percent are the 1 percent of the 99 percent,” he added, and to which some people started applauding. “We don’t need that.”

 http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45285979/ns/us_news-life/#.TsF6G_KwX0R

Soooo however they are being funded, donations and what-have-you, the money in the OWS camp isn't being divided fairly! Imagine that!  Someone always comes out on top.  So what now?  Just 2 months into it, the same problem is happening in this small group of people.  I am having trouble seeing the silver lining here.   What is going to change?  Is this making the slightest bit of difference in anything???

Anyone have a clue!?!? 

No comments:

Post a Comment